Music, Literature & Arts: Children's Books from Yesteryears

I was an avid reader when I was a child. Fairytales and mysteries were my cup of tea. I would read for hours on end and a book always accompanied me everywhere. Not only did I love the stories but the illustrations also seemed so magical and wonderful to me. As an adult I have started to collect vintage children's books and they are some of my priced possessions. I still read them to this day. Here is my list of some of my favorites.

Books by Carolyn Keene
Carolyn Keene wrote mystery stories for young girls. Her girl detective series were called the Nancy Drew Mystery stories and The Dana Girls mystery stories. My favorite was Nancy Drew. With her two best friends Bess Marvin and George Fayne (yes George is a girl), Nancy went on many adventures solving one mystery after another. She calls herself a amateur sleuth and the three often found themselves in heaps of trouble but Nancy always solved the mystery. My favorite Nancy Drew book is The Moonstone Castle Mystery. Oh the excitement!!

Books by Enid Blyton
Enid Blyton wrote about fairies, goblins, pixies and all the wonderful magical creatures one can only imagine. From flying wishing chairs to enchanted forests with fantastic and magical lands, her books broaden the imagination and made all magical things possible. My absolute favorite is The Wishing Chair Again. I have the exact original copy as the one listed in the link. Enid Blyton also wrote wonderful mystery books for both boys and girls. My favorite is The Famous Five!

Happy reading and shopping!

Popular Posts